Err1err3 boot failure

By D@nny
Sep 6, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Long time no see techspot! Anyway I was running combofix ignored the you have norton running message because I never noticed norton on my pc or in the taskbar. ok'ed it away and it messed up my computer bad.Now i have this err1err 3 message. F11 recovery doesn't work I guess because my windows harddrive is destroyed? I read somewhere someone disconnected something in their computer reconnected the connectors and it worked fine again? I guess my only choices are to download a windows vista recovery disk? Is there any recovery disk in particular you can recommend?
  2. D@nny

D@nny TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 176

I already went into bios and changed everything to default setting. Im thinking about going to my computer and trying what the link above says if I even have the option. its a hp pavillion. how big of a disk will i need to mount the windows recovery vista thing on it. i have this one disk but it already has other junk written on it , could that make a problem?
  3. D@nny

D@nny TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 176

okay guys i fixed it. found the recovery disks. phew