Error 0x7b due to raid driver change..

I recently upgraded my motherboard to a crosshair iv formula and I have a striped array of 2 ssd drives I use for my os (windows 7)

Now I recreated my raid and restored the data from an acronis backup, but my system won't boot because my previous motherboard used the nvidia storage driver, so windows isn't loading the driver I need.
The system bsods within seconds of the windows logo appearing. I entered repair mode and it couldn't see any windows installations, so I used the add driver button amd added the right driver from my motherboard cd, and it detected the os but startup repair wasn't able to fix it.

Not quite sure what to do, formatting is not an option, I want to manually install the raid driver, I'm just not entirely sure how?

Please help.

Boot from the Windows 7 disc and run Repair/Upgrade.

Did you do a clean install of the OS when you changed the motherboard, if not your old OS will have the wrong chipset drivers on it. The Upgrade install should correct most things which will then enable you to boot without BSOD. You should then follow the guide below to remove any old drivers and follow this by installing the correct ones, if not already done.

If that doesn't work try going into safe mode to remove and replace the chipset drivers and likewise with the RAID drivers.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

Back