Error 1721 ...while installing NIS

By Kay
Dec 9, 2003
  1. Please help, have read all your posts, symantecs, microsoft, and nothing resolves this problem. Running WIN 98 SE, and when I try to install NIS, loads until the registry keys, then get the message...Error 1721. There was a problem with the installer package for this program. Please contact your package provider.

Did that, followed directions from Symantec. Followed directions from Microsoft, and nothing works.

The only thing that I found may be in conflict is in the article from Microsoft #315346 under RE-REgistering Windows Installer it asks you to verify the location of the Msiexec.exe file in the REgistry...WELL, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM|CurrentConytolSet\SERVICES\MSISERVER and it is not there,,there is nothing that has MSI in it under services....could this be the problem and if so, how do I fix this,,,

Any help would be much appreciated, two weeks of trying , at wits not a expert on computers, but with dirctions can get around well...thanks all
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.