error 2095, still unsuccessful

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did go to Add/remove programs in control panel. When I double click on add/remove for quick time, I get the following pop-up message.

Uninstall the following file does not exist or is not a valid uninstall log file. c:\windows\system32\QuickTime\Uninstall.log I have attempted to re download quicktime but cannot. What do you think?

Search for unistall

It's not unknown for install writers to get things wrong. The required uninstall.log might (a) be in some other place (b) not have been installed (c) been deleted by accident (d) been removed by a previous attempt at uninstalling.

Use 'search for a file' to look for it - remember there will be dozens of uninstall.log files - look for one in the sort of place described. If none exist, there is really a need to install quicktime again.

Re-install it then use the uninstaller from their directory instead of add/remove....

error 2095, solved

I found a message from Oct.14, 2005 from RandyStacyE that had the cure. I had to download the "stand alone quick time installer. Once I did that Quick Time worked. It was miraculous. Thanks to everyone who responded. It was very mentally helpful to me. thanks again.

So the real problem was that Quicktime didn't seem to work? Anyway, glad your problem is solved. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back