TechSpot

error# 8bad0101

By otnot69
Feb 14, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. can anybody tell me what causes this error, and MUCH more importantly, how to repair it? i won't write the essay it requires to tell this sob story in all it's gory details, but it boils down to i can no longer play audio cd in my burner or get exact audio copy to rip a cd; and i have done all i can think of up to reinstalling xp on top of itself - thanks for you time
  2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

To be more helpful, we're going to need more information. Like when, exactly, this happens, when it started, if you installed software or hardware as a precursor to this message, etc. You can't just expect to post the most obscure of error messages and for us to fix it.

You mentioned playing and ripping CDs - what program(s) are you using? Are the problems limited to one app? Have you tried using a different app?

I assume you've checked all your connections, tried different IDE cables, etc.? Have you tried updating your firmware?

You don't need to write an essay - just that more information is a must for things like this.
  3. otnot69

otnot69 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i know. believe it or not, i had all that information typed in once; but due to a hiccup in this wonderful 26k connection (cable connection temp. out), the page dropped all of it just before i was going to send it. using xp-sp1, and nero 5.5.10.7 to burn somebody's mp3s to cd-had made 5 cds no problem-cd no. 6 (3 last songs) wouldn't refused to burn as audio cd-after various tests and guesses came to the conclusion that although windows explorer can 'see' the *.cda tracks, i can no longer 'do' anything with audio cds: burn, play, rip, etc.- it's window media player 8.00.00.4477 that reports 'error#8bad0101'----more info to come - the saga continues and the mystery deepens
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.