Error: Access violation at......

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoushin

Everytime I'm on my computer, this error keeps popping up. Though it doesn't seem to affect anything on my computer, I'm just curious about it and it is quite annoying to have it pop up whenever I'm doing something.

Error: Access violation at 0x00405C62 (tried to read from 0x00000010), program terminated.

If anyone know what this is or if you know how to get rid of it, please do tell. Thanks.

shoushin said:
Everytime I'm on my computer, this error keeps popping up. Though it doesn't seem to affect anything on my computer, I'm just curious about it and it is quite annoying to have it pop up whenever I'm doing something.

Error: Access violation at 0x00405C62 (tried to read from 0x00000010), program terminated.

If anyone know what this is or if you know how to get rid of it, please do tell. Thanks.

Hi

Does this happen after windows is loaded , and comes up in a box on the screen with an OK , Cancel box, if so it sounds like possible spyware, a program is trying to run and can't, hence the error.

If this is the case then Howard Hopkinso, a senior mod has advice found here, please read the page thoroughly before posting.

You can also run msconfig from Start > Run , on the last tab is the programs that start at startup, go through and untick any that don't seem to relate to anything you have installed. if this clears the problem, then post the offending name of the program here and we'll try to tell you what it is and how to get rid of it.

Regards

Actually the error window only has an OK button and an X to close it. I did the msconfig and didn't find anything.

shoushin said:
Actually the error window only has an OK button and an X to close it. I did the msconfig and didn't find anything.

Hi again

In which case I do suggest following the link above if you haven't yet..

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back