Error caused by a device driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a problem with XP Home crashing . No blue screens, just black. Trips out and restarts and then sends error log to MS.

39 in October alone. Now it's time to sort this out

log attached

where do we start?

Attachments

• Mini102706-03.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 12
seems to be doing it as I right or left click, changing from 1 task to another

mouse I'm using is a Logitech trackball that I've had for approx 5 years.

The minidump lists USBPORT.SYS as the probable cause. What have you got connected the the USB ports? See if you can update the drivers for them.

MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS (44)
A driver has requested that an IRP be completed (IoCompleteRequest), but the packet has already been completed. This is a tough bug to find because the easiest case, a driver actually attempted to complete its own packet twice, is generally not what happened.

Rather, two separate drivers each believe that they own the packet, and each attempts to complete it. The first actually works, and the second fails. Tracking down which drivers in the system actually did this is difficult, generally because the trails of the first driver have been covered by the second.

peterdiva said:
The minidump lists USBPORT.SYS as the probable cause. What have you got connected the the USB ports? See if you can update the drivers for them.

MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS (44)
A driver has requested that an IRP be completed (IoCompleteRequest), but the packet has already been completed. This is a tough bug to find because the easiest case, a driver actually attempted to complete its own packet twice, is generally not what happened.

Rather, two separate drivers each believe that they own the packet, and each attempts to complete it. The first actually works, and the second fails. Tracking down which drivers in the system actually did this is difficult, generally because the trails of the first driver have been covered by the second.

Logitech Trackball Mouse
Epson DX4800
NISIS K7 office keyboard
USB camera (not all the time so rule that out as it was not in @ last crash)
Trust 4 into 1 USB splitter

Are there any free driver update programs on the WWW I can download?

Faulty RAM

Hi,

One minidump is insufficient to determine the culprit. From the stack trace, the root cause of the crash is related to faulty ram. Attach more minidumps here for further investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back