Error Caused by Device Driver-Dump file attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to find out the cause of this error, problem is it doesn't give the device driver offender.. I have the dump file if needed
A device driver installed on your computer caused the problem; however, we cannot determine the precise cause. To troubleshoot the problem, please see Getting help

Hi gpmartin,

The failing module is Norton Antivirus. I am not convice the culprit is Norton AV. Zip 5 to 6 minidumps and attach them here.

OK, mini dumps attached. I thought for sure this was going to be a hardware issue. Thanks for your help on this. I'll wait for your reply

Hi,

One minidump is inaccessible and one minidump crashes due to instruction misaligned. They are symptom of bad ram. Your Norton AV is three years behind and you had better upgrade Nortov AV 2002 to Norton AV 2005

Suggestion
1. Check the temperature of the CPU and make sure that it is not overheat
2. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot
3. Downclock the ram
4. Clean the dust inside the computer case
5. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard
If it still crashes, diagnostic which memory stick is faulty
1. Take out one memory stick. If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.
2. If you have only one memory stick, replace the ram

Thanks a million. We have corporate anti virus so the virus defs are up to date. I was figuring it was bad ram but I am glad you concur with that. You're the best! Thanks

George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back