Error: DRIVER_IRQL_ NOT_LESS_ OR_EQUAL, Blue screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

ato

I have a Dell Dimension Desktop, which I basically turned inside out. I changed the video card from an NVIDIA to an ATI, added creative audigy sound card, upgraded to windows xp pro sp2 etc. Quite recently I have been getting the blue screen of death on a regular basis. I have tried browsing online and I can seem to find the problem. I have attached a couple of the mini dumps saved. If anyone can give me direction on whats going on and why this sudden change in behavior. I will really appreciate it.

Attachments

• Mini021107-03.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 6
Which model of Dell Dimension ?
Is the power supply adequate to run the video card you installed?

its the 8200 series and yeah i think the power supply should be sufficient. I had the card in my old Gateway running windows ME to XP home and it worked great. On the other hand i keep on getting a system battery low message on this possessed dell. These errors just started happening last week

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

2 of your minidumps crash at A3AB.sys. This is your DLink network card driver. Try updating the drivers and see if that helps.

Your other minidump crashes at NDIS.sys. May be caused by the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

i got the latest update to the driver. i shall let you know what will happen when i get home tonight.

good

so far so good pc has been on since 1 am and its 4 am now. ill keep you posted n progress

Ok I would like to thank you guys for the help with my pc crashing on me. Its been up and it hasnt shut down once. I now have a new problem which Ill post in the right section. But thanks for the help everyone

Just wanted to post this for anyone stumbling across the thread. I've found this error message can occur when MusicMatch Jukebox is installed (which comes default on some Dells).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back