Error ID 1003 help needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I've been having problems for a couple of months with my 2nd (older lower spec - see user profile) pc. It has been rebooting itself at irregular intervals. This first started when I installed a small Barbie game on it for my daughter. having crashed halfway through the first run it produced lots of error 1003 system errors and rebooted itself at regular intervals. I thought that this may be a hdd issue as I was using a pretty old 40gb hdd I had - I ran chkdsk and I think it found errors and corrected them but the problem continued. I assumed that there was a problem with the hdd still and gave up on it. About a week ago I replaced the hdd with a newer 120gb hdd and theredidn't seem to be any problems for a few days. Today I installed call of duty and the install seemed to go fine. when I ran it it told me I needed to upgrade my video driver so I did from the nvidia site from 5.xx to 7.xx. when I ran the gam ethough it crashed and caused my system to reboot again like it did with the previous hdd. This makes me think it is a problem with my hardware (maybe the video card??) rather than the hdd problem
but I'm not sure how to figure out what the problem is. I've attached 3 minidumps + 4 system error messages from event viewer. Would be really grateful if you could help me findout what the problem is + fix it. Thanks :)

Attachments

• Mini112105-01.zip
    43.4 KB · Views: 8
Hi,

Your windows may have multiple culprits. The first culprit is ZoneAlarm and the second culprit may be faulty ram. De-install ZoneAlarm. If BSOS still occurs, run memtest to stress test the ram.

Hi

Thaks for your advice + help. I haven't checked zonealarm although do use it, but have run memtest twice now. Both times it has got as far as 68% through test 7 (Randon Number sequence) before stopping and going no further.

Does this mean I've got a problem with my memory do you think? Looks like it to me but not seen memtest before so not sure whethr it should still complete all the tests before reporting on the errors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back