Error message about updating display drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezzz

Hi, I am trying to update my display driver and an error message came up saying that... "The software you are installing for this hardware: Nvidia GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU has not passed windows Logo testing to verify its compatability with Windows XP.
Continuing your installation may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future. Microsoft strongly reccomends that you stop this installation now and contact the hardware vendor for software that has passed Windows Logo Testing."
Ok, what should I do now? How do I contact the hardware vendor for software that has passed Windows Logo Testing? Help would be appreciated. Thanks :D

This error just comes up everytime u install something in XP which has not been certified ny windows go ahead and intall just ignore the error message. there will not be much problem just create a restore point just to be on the safe side ;)

question

hi everyone I just got my PC fixed and I now have Nvidia and I instaalled A game called EVE Online and the system requirements say i need a catalyst 5.6 or higher. Does anyone know if nvidia will work because I keeping getting a error message when i download Catalyst saying my hardware won't take it. If anyone knows about my question please reply about it and also to maybe help me fix my catalyst hardware problem.

Jezzz said:
how do i set a restore point?

to set a restore point go to Programs>Accessories>system tools>System Restore

and there are two options when it opens up click create restore point and proceed further

crazybowler910 said:
hi everyone I just got my PC fixed and I now have Nvidia and I instaalled A game called EVE Online and the system requirements say i need a catalyst 5.6 or higher. Does anyone know if nvidia will work because I keeping getting a error message when i download Catalyst saying my hardware won't take it. If anyone knows about my question please reply about it and also to maybe help me fix my catalyst hardware problem.

U r using NVidia card it will not take catalyst drivers (they are for ATI cards) try downloading the latest Nvidia drivers from Nvidia website

welcome to techspot :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back