ERROR MESSAGE - disc failed :, controller 0, channel 0, master >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have got a SATA 250 gb drive. All of a sudden the above error meessage appears. Cant get access to the drive (where My Docs r) ans XP wont boot up if drive is connected. Had to disconnect drive so PC will boot up. IS ALL MY DATA LOST in this drive, or can I retrieve some of it. It was partitioned into 3 drives. Any advice or help would be appreciated.. Newcomer to this site.

I had the same problem with a 250G SATA drive. I slaved the drive and I could see the drive letter, but I couldn't open it to see the files. I bought a copy of file scavenger and I was able to get my files back. Somebody told me that Windows will only try a certain amount of times to access the disk and then quit. I think that recovery programs do not work that way. Some do not even need to see the file table to start looking. They look for signatures of known files types. File scavenger has a free demo version you can try. It won't allow you to recover files, but it will check a drive and give you a list of files it can recover. A good idea because why buy a program that might not work. If it can see your files then there is a good chance that it can recover them. If you try the demo and you can't see your files, then just don't buy the program.
Then again if it's a hardware issue like the motor died, then your in trouble. Sending it out to a company that specializes in that can be expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back