Error message: Entry Point Not Found ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickylaren

Hey everyone!

I have a Dell Dimension desktop running Windows XP home, and for the last few weeks I have been receiving the following error message when I first start the computer. (See attachment for screenshot)

regsrv32.exe - Entry Point Not Found:

The procedure entry point _stop@0 could not be locate din the dynamic link library regsrv32.dll.

I have run a virus scanning program and cleared all spyware with ad-aware and spybot, but I still receive the error. I opened task manager and the process associated with this error message is "csrss.exe." The search function revealed two locations of this file on the affected computer and none on a non-affected computer: "C:\i386" and "C:\windows\system32."

I moved both files to a temporary location, but it did not solve the problem; I still get the error message every time I start the computer.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. It doesn't cause problems, but I want the computer to be working correctly. Thanks so much in advance!

-Micky

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 8
Csrss means Client/Server Run-time SubSystem and it is responsible for console windows, creating and/or deleting threads, and some parts of the 16-bit virtual MS-DOS environment.

It is not a virus, but some virus makers know of this, and will bind a virus to this program, or rename their virus to CSRSS.exe (so you won't think it is a virus)

Check both of those crsrr.exe files with your AV-scanner and put them back where they were if OK.

As to your regsrv32.exe error, you may have a virus there, see this link
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99144.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back