error message

By paddy
Aug 3, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. can anyone help solve this,on boot up of m/c i get a small error box,if i go to task managerit reveals itself as rundll32.exe
    any suggestions are welcome,
    thanx
  2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

rundll.exe errors are not really small ones since that is the program that runs the dll files and executes instructions from inside the .dll files. it is possible this was damaged by some installation or uninstall. but the first thing I would check is to run a virus scan with a program that is up to date. rundll32.exe error messages have been known to be casued by worms such as the kak worm.
  3. paddy

paddy Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

what i meant is that the box is a small one,for some reason when i run run my norton av after a while the pc just crashes.
  4. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

does the AV complete it's scan or does it crash before completion?
    what OS are you using?

just to be safe you can download the panda quick remover it is free and it works quite well. it checks your system for 38 different worms and viruses.

Download it here.

http://www.pandasoftware.es/library/pqremove_en.htm
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.