error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

stelch

Hi to you all

I have Ulead VideoStudio 10 (for editing DV video and making DVDs)and latetly I get often the following message and VideoStudio10 plus shuts down.

"The instruction at "0x0b2471f4" referenced memory at "0x0b2471f4" The memory could not be "read"
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

Now I though that it was something wrong with my memory cards (I have one card of 1GB and two cards of 512MB each) so I removed the 1GB first and left the two 512MB but still I get the message. Then I removed the two 512MB and put in the 1 GB and I still have the problem. I also thought that it could be a corrupt video file that I use in VideoStudio but I have eliminated that as well.
I have Windows XP pro service pack 2 with P4 3.2Ghz.

Any else I can try. I have downloaded thew latest updated from Microsoft and I have reinstalled VideoStudion but this did not helped.

Stelios

Just a query, do you have Ulead Movie Factory installed as well?
For some reason, I have occaisionally found these two programs when installed on the same machine to cause all sorts of errors.

Hi

Yes I do have both programs installed on the same machine. Do you have the same problem?

Stelios

I don't personally have that problem, but a machine I am working on at the moment for a customer only exhibits that problem when those two programs are installed on the same machine.

I don't know how much help I can be, as the customer has instructed me to just format and reinstall windows, so I didn't have the time to try and fully diagnose the problem.

But SEEMINGLY there is some sort of conflict with those two software packages.

Dean.

What I have also noticed is that my Windows media player 11, sometimes crashes and reboots my pc when I play some media MPEG files. Do you think that this might have something to do with VideoStudio crashing? Is some codecs the problem?

Stelios

That is very possible with the type of programs that they are.

How was your PC running before you installed that program, any other problems?

Try running these utilities:-

CCleaner v1.38.485 - http://www.ccleaner.com/
"Analyse" then "Run Cleaner" on both the "Windows" and "Applications" Tabs,
then select "Issues", and "Scan for Issues" then "Fix Selected Issues". When prompted to make a back-up of your registry select yes, then "Scan for Issues" again. Repeat until no-more issues are found.
I suggest you leave the functions on the tools Menu alone unless you are confident in what they do. They are related to the startup (some of which you may need) and other programs running on your machine.

Power Defragmenter 2.0.125 - http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Power-Defragmenter-Download-20185.html
A GUI for Contig - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/contig.mspx - (You do not need to download Contig separately, URL provided for reference purposes only.)

PageDefrag v2.32 - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/FileAndDisk/PageDefrag.mspx
Select Defrag at next boot.

These may help some with your crashes and help your machine to run better, but I doubt they will serve to alleviate your root problem however.:(

stelch said:
Hi to you all

I have Ulead VideoStudio 10 (for editing DV video and making DVDs)and latetly I get often the following message and VideoStudio10 plus shuts down.

"The instruction at "0x0b2471f4" referenced memory at "0x0b2471f4" The memory could not be "read"
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

Now I though that it was something wrong with my memory cards (I have one card of 1GB and two cards of 512MB each) so I removed the 1GB first and left the two 512MB but still I get the message. Then I removed the two 512MB and put in the 1 GB and I still have the problem. I also thought that it could be a corrupt video file that I use in VideoStudio but I have eliminated that as well.
I have Windows XP pro service pack 2 with P4 3.2Ghz.

Any else I can try. I have downloaded thew latest updated from Microsoft and I have reinstalled VideoStudion but this did not helped.

Stelios

Stelios, you misunderstand the error message. When you get on of the "instruction at XXX referenced memory at XXX which could not be read", that's a runtime error of the program! It's not a memory problem. I know this because I used to be a high tech engineer. It means there's either a bug in the program or there's a glitch in the handoff between the video card and the CPU (we call this a "race condition")

Anyhow, no need to test RAM or swap memory chips. That's not the problem!

almcneil said:
Stelios, you misunderstand the error message. When you get on of the "instruction at XXX referenced memory at XXX which could not be read", that's a runtime error of the program! It's not a memory problem. I know this because I used to be a high tech engineer. It means there's either a bug in the program or there's a glitch in the handoff between the video card and the CPU (we call this a "race condition")

Anyhow, no need to test RAM or swap memory chips. That's not the problem!

This is true, but I would like to point out, that he has already eliminated that it could be his memory as the problem, and you haven't offered any advice for his problem.

Is there anything you could offer that might be of some help?

Hi almcneil
You are right! That was a bug in the program, because I have removed VideoStudio10 and installed the new version VideoStudio11 and ever since the error message is gone. Thanks for the reply.

Stelios

I was pretty sure there was that conflict between those two programs, at least a problem with VS10 anyway.

Thanks for posting and confirming my suspicions Stelch, that helps me for future reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back