error messages when launching applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I have reformatted 2 times with xp and once with 2000 professional and every os I get this error ( all updates/drivers which are needed are installed and updated )

Here is the error :"program".exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows.You will need to restart the program.And error log is being created.

It will happen with anything I open up that involves the internet.It may take a few mins to a few hours for it to generate an error.

I've posted this on 10 forums and noone seems to know how to fix it.

please help me!!! :(

edit:
error5qh.png

picture of what the error looks like except instead of firefox it is whatever I have open.

Yikes, the error would typically suggest software or OS problem but if you really formated and re-installed with both XP and 2000, it would kinda eliminate that and make it more of a hardware problem.

However, usually if there is a problem with RAM or hard drive, you would of experienced problems just installing XP or 2000 OS.

I've been fixing computers all day, every day for years and I must admit, this is quite an odd-ball problem, yet nothing surprises me anymore.

I'm not saying you didn't, but make sure you actually delete all partitions when installing either XP or 2000 OS (use XP preferably). Because again, it sounds more like software problem and has a slight chance of some kind of boot sector virus or something. Just want to completely eliminate that possibility.

Now if it is a hardware problem, it could literaly be just about anything at this point, i've seen so many weird and unexplainable things hapen with computers at this point that I trully beleive that just about anything is possible. Try changing some of these, RAM, Video card, hard drive, power supply. I know it doesn't make much sense, but neither is your problem.

Sorry about the vague suggestions. If you need more help, try and post as much detail as possible.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back