Error - PC System not supported

Status
Not open for further replies.

WakkieRob

My Vista doesn't work very well with my old drivers so i tryed downloading vista 1's but they were dodgy at best i want to change things back to where i was with my system restore discs i got with the PC but when i put the first disc in it come up with;
System Recovery

Error! PC System not supported

Please press button to continue

Arrrrrrrhh! :mad:

I just want my old XP home sys the way it was otherwise I'm stuck with vista and dodgy drivers.

is there anyway of making my computer see that my XP home os is ok, please, please someone somewhere help me!

my system restore discs i got with the PC
The post is a tad confusing

But the "Error! PC System not supported" means that those Restore disks are not meant for that computer

Also the Restore disks are they Xp or Vista?
And what did the computer originally come with?
And how do you have 2 OS's? (did you buy two?)

Do you need to backup? Or do you just want Windows Xp

means that those Restore disks are not meant for that computer

These disks I have were made for me in PC World but I have used them many times on other systems in the house mabe there's a saftey measure that will stop them working if they are used on other PCs.

What they do is write another partition to disk for restore later directily to HD (Which means I don't need the Disks every time I restore). This is really good and saves any loading time which comes with inserting the restore discs.

Should I throw them away seeing as now there's no way of getting them to work, this all started sortly after updating the bios which started up originally with the E-S logo which has now gone due to the update I downloaded which gave more options in bios menu.

I Updated the bios becuase I heard it was a good thing for getting ride of any startup errors!

I'm afraid that my vista basic OS will do the same if I'm not carefull what do you think(The Vista Basic is a Upgrade Package I bort seperately).

Rob

The Vista Basic is a Upgrade Package

So you need Windows Xp authentic (as linked to above) at least
Or you need to purchase full version Vista if you want that

Actually many manufactures sell image recovery discs, made specifically for your computer (which includes drivers and all)
That might be the best. Please contact them on this issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back