Error when editing .jpg .png

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeParadoX

Every time I try to edit a image file such as .jpg or .png it gives me a Error message.

Here's the picture:

How do I fix this? It's really annoying when I have to go to properties and change the launch option to MSPaint. :(

What program do you like to use? I believe if you right click and go to open with it gives you an option to use the selected program every time.

Hey,

Try going in to the Folder options through Control Pannel. In the Folder option - click on file type tab and scroll down to the file extention that you are trying to edit. Highlight it and click advanced button and then the edit button. The application used to perform action should say this,

rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1

Use DDE should be checked, application should say shimgvw, and topic should say System

Try this and see if it works.

vintwala said:
Hey,

Try going in to the Folder options through Control Pannel. In the Folder option - click on file type tab and scroll down to the file extention that you are trying to edit. Highlight it and click advanced button and then the edit button. The application used to perform action should say this,

rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1

Use DDE should be checked, application should say shimgvw, and topic should say System

Try this and see if it works.

It still doesn't work :(

I'm trying to edit with MicroSoft Paint.

-edit-

I fixed it myself using the above method, I changed the launch to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mspaint.exe" and Application to mspaint and it works now. Thanks Vint! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back