errors after removing spyware software

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbeaudet

Hi. I need serious help with my computer. I recently removed spyware software (Software that contained spyware, not security and scanning software.) It was called "system alert popup". When I clicked to remove it, i was told to restart my computer. Since then, my computer has had extremely long bootups, and the software on my system is not right either. Almost every program i run has an error and/or is terminated. Half of the services on my computer failed to start too. I cannot view any of the explorer items that follow: Services, System Restore. When I open them, I have to attempt to start them twice, and when they do finally open, they are just blank windows. Therefore, I cannot restore my computer or start these services. Any help would be great in resolving this problem. I'd be glad to provide any other information needed to do so.

Thanks in advance!
-Chris

Heres the log. It took a long time to do because I was told that there wasn't enough windows virtual memory paging file to load it. Anyhow, I attached the HijackThis log

Attachments

• scanhij.txt
    12.5 KB · Views: 7
I have moved your thread to our security and the web forum.

Your system is still infected with nasties.

Also, it appears you`re running more than one antivirus programme. This is not recommended, will slow your system down and can cause serious conflicts. Start by uninstalling all of McAffee.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of cbeaudet only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I dont know why it appears that Mcafee is still installed. I uninstalled it awhile ago...hmm...

If you have problems in getting rid of McAfee, we`ll have to try and do it manually. Make sure you check in add remove programmes in your control panel for any McAfee entries and uninstall from there if you can.

This thread is for the use of cbeaudet only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

i cannot view the programs installed on my computer in Add/remove programs. It says "please wait while list is being populate" and it takes a long time until an app. error finally pops up. As you can see, my computer is pretty messed up.

Ok, just follow the instructions, then post the requested log files and we`ll take it from there.

i also cannot load ad-aware SE personal correctly. there were errors while loading the definitions, and i could not update it. I cannot load my antivirus software either(Avast! Anti virus)...when i try to, it encounters errors and needs to close. Just to add to that, i cannot load my personal firewall(Sunbelt) due to 'insufficient system resources'.

Also... i found that the only mcafee software that i have installed, to what i can see in the programs menu, is Virtual technician.

Thanks for responding!

Ok, before doing anything else, go and read this thread HERE and rename HijackThis.exe. Also, make sure you place HJT in the correct directory. Post a fresh HJT log.

i cannot unzip the HijackThis because neither of my programs can initialize properly. they are win ace and winzip. for winace, the error code is 0xc0000142. Winzip's program files cannot load correctly

Just rename your current version of HijackThis.exe, then move it to it`s own directory. I.E C:\program files\HJT\Analyze.exe

i cannot access my hard drive in any way. 'my computer' wont open and i cannot type 'C:' into 'run' to open it either.

you're probably annoyed with me by now:)

hi cbeaudet... nobody is annoyed with you, lol ;)

restart your PC and boot up in safe mode by pressing F8 while the computer boots up, then select "safe mode". hopefully that will allow you to access your hard drive (so you can rename your HijackThis.exe file)

then reboot normally, and run create a fresh HJT log. if your system is still having it's resources hogged, then try to end any unnecessary processes via the task manager (press ctrl+alt+del to access task manager) (using your previous HJT log posted above, you can end any process that is run from the program files folder)

good luck :wave:

for some reason winzip and winace came back and i am able to get into my hard disk also

i found files in my hard drive that are not in any folders, and were not here before. The names are as follows:

.rnd
892.cin
900.cin
caavsetup
caisslog
ezsetuplog
HCT
HCT2ED.tmp
HCT2EE.tmp
LS-Look2Me-Remover
LS-Virtumonde-Remover
lxak
lxal
myfile (flash file)
SHL4260.tmp
VETlog
VETlog.dmp

Im not sure if they are bad files or if they are fine

As KingCody said, no one is annoyed with you, so don`t worry.

Are you now able to follow the instructions in this thread HERE? If you, you should do so, then post the log files I asked for.

If you can`t, just post a renamed HJT log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back