TechSpot

Errors Part 2

By hanaloa
Apr 23, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. After following the advice from the posted reply for my Fatal System Error problem, I now cannot access my wireless connection. OS is up and running, but I noticed that some things are not quite right. I had to reinstall WMP 10 and computer seems to take forever to startup, unlike before the system recovery. Causes?

I tried to set up using the Wireless Connection Wizard, but I receive a "Error Wzcdlg.dll Missing Entry: Flash.Config.Create.Network" prompt. I also reinstalled the set-up for the Linksys wireless system, but that didn't seem to be the problem. I read in the link that was sent to me, that loss of internet connection seemed to be a problem that was remedied through the installation of SP1. However, I have both SP's installed. Any troubleshooting tips?

Thank you in advance,
    hanaloa

For the past two days I have been trying to troubleshoot a black screen and then blue screen error. Yesterday I was in the middle of system restore when I had a power outage. When I tried to restart I received a "win root\system32\ntoskrnl.exe" error message. After repairing this problem and restarting, I received a "system32\drivers\ntfs.sys" error. I accessed Microsoft support to help me with this problem. Computer would restart and I was able to access the startup page, but it would freeze. I tried a Safe Mode restart, but it would take me to the dreaded blue screen with a "C000021a Fatal System Error."

I don't know where to go next with this. I'm trying to avoid a reinstall. Any tips on what to do next?

Specs:
    Dell Inspirion 1100
    1.66 Ghz
    256MB
    Windows XP Home
    SP 2 installed

Any help is much appreciated!

hanaloa
  2. curiouskay

curiouskay TS Rookie

Issue with dll

Actually, I have the same issue. I have a dell computer that I restored the defaults, and in doing so can no longer use the wireless card. I tried to set up using the Wireless Connection Wizard, but I receive a "Error Wzcdlg.dll Missing Entry: Flash.Config.Create.Network" prompt.

Any help at all will be MUCH appreciated. If anyone has ANY ideas, please let me know

thank you.
  3. patio

patio TS Maniac Posts: 700

Not sure this is relevant but the last Linksys card i installed required the software be installed PRIOR to inserting the card into the system.
    So i would do the following; Go to Add/Remove Programs and un-install the Linksys software.
    Next go to Control Panel/System/System Devices/Hardware. Find the listing for the card and right clik it and select Remove.
    Shut down the system and un-plug the PSU. Then remove the card. ( While you have the card out write down the MAC address that is on the card )
    Power up and load the Linksys software; it will probably ask for a re-boot. After re-booting shut down and re-install the card.
    Now when you re-boot the card should be recognised as New Hardware and the Linksys setup program should run...enter the info needed and you should be good to go.

patio. :cool:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.