Errors Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
After following the advice from the posted reply for my Fatal System Error problem, I now cannot access my wireless connection. OS is up and running, but I noticed that some things are not quite right. I had to reinstall WMP 10 and computer seems to take forever to startup, unlike before the system recovery. Causes?

I tried to set up using the Wireless Connection Wizard, but I receive a "Error Wzcdlg.dll Missing Entry: Flash.Config.Create.Network" prompt. I also reinstalled the set-up for the Linksys wireless system, but that didn't seem to be the problem. I read in the link that was sent to me, that loss of internet connection seemed to be a problem that was remedied through the installation of SP1. However, I have both SP's installed. Any troubleshooting tips?

Thank you in advance,
hanaloa

For the past two days I have been trying to troubleshoot a black screen and then blue screen error. Yesterday I was in the middle of system restore when I had a power outage. When I tried to restart I received a "win root\system32\ntoskrnl.exe" error message. After repairing this problem and restarting, I received a "system32\drivers\ntfs.sys" error. I accessed Microsoft support to help me with this problem. Computer would restart and I was able to access the startup page, but it would freeze. I tried a Safe Mode restart, but it would take me to the dreaded blue screen with a "C000021a Fatal System Error."

I don't know where to go next with this. I'm trying to avoid a reinstall. Any tips on what to do next?

Specs:
Dell Inspirion 1100
1.66 Ghz
256MB
Windows XP Home
SP 2 installed

Any help is much appreciated!

hanaloa

Issue with dll

Actually, I have the same issue. I have a dell computer that I restored the defaults, and in doing so can no longer use the wireless card. I tried to set up using the Wireless Connection Wizard, but I receive a "Error Wzcdlg.dll Missing Entry: Flash.Config.Create.Network" prompt.

Any help at all will be MUCH appreciated. If anyone has ANY ideas, please let me know

thank you.

Not sure this is relevant but the last Linksys card i installed required the software be installed PRIOR to inserting the card into the system.
So i would do the following; Go to Add/Remove Programs and un-install the Linksys software.
Next go to Control Panel/System/System Devices/Hardware. Find the listing for the card and right clik it and select Remove.
Shut down the system and un-plug the PSU. Then remove the card. ( While you have the card out write down the MAC address that is on the card )
Power up and load the Linksys software; it will probably ask for a re-boot. After re-booting shut down and re-install the card.
Now when you re-boot the card should be recognised as New Hardware and the Linksys setup program should run...enter the info needed and you should be good to go.

patio. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back