Errors received so far: 0x8e(hidusb.sys), 0x7e, and 0x24(ntfs.sys). Minidumps incl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I took the steps outlined in the sticky above and am sure that the computer is not overheating or malfunctioning due to power or dust issues. Over the last 2 weeks, my desktop has been BSODing (can I use this as a verb?) anywhere from once a week to a couple of times a day. I'm always able to reboot and the PC will work fine for a while before eventually crashing again.

I've updated the drivers I think might be causing the problems, but the crashes still continue. I'm including the last couple of minidumps so I can get some advice from you much more experienced users.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I am still learning and I certainly need more experience, but here is what I read:

Your second and fourth dumps say Memory Corruption; your third dump simply says Hardware issue with an 0x7E memory error (I researched but I couldn't get anything definitive).

Your first dump points to USBPORT.sys and usually this can be corrected as simply upgrading in your driver. I suggest that you Google this and read up on it because sometimes it can be a hardware issue.

However, the thing that jumps out at me is your memory corruption because that can cause all kinds of issues. Faulty RAM = MAJOR HEADACHES. I strongly recommend doing a MemTest86+ on your RAM for a minimum of 10 passes to see if you receive any errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back