Espon Stylus Color 460 in XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocobogo_rct

I cant seem to find drivers anywhere on the net for the above named printer.

Has anyone else had this printer working in XP?

Would it be worth me installing drivers for the 440 as that is supported in xp?

Windows XP has built-in drivers for older Epson printers, and they are just as good as the original Epson drivers. If your printer has a USB connection, then that would be the best way to connect it and installation of drivers will be automatic. If you are using parallel connection, then you'll have to add a new printer manually using the 'add printer' wizard (just right-click in the printer and faxes folder and select the wizard). The Epson 460 driver is available in WinXP Sp1, I just checked.

Actually if I'm not mistaken the 400 series are pretty new, they just more budget printers. I bought one for a friend of the family when I was setting up a new computer for them and they seem to like it just fine for printing normal stuff (not photos). And through some obscure error in shipping where the bottom of the box was ripped out I complained to where I ordered it from and they sent me it again, so I have one myself, but have never used it - my sister has but I haven't personally. I think it was a 460.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back