eTec Routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrot

I have a Single Port Wireless ADSL Modem Router.

An Identical unit is currently sold by Maplin Electronics.
It is badged up as eTec and the maplin order code is A93BJ.

I don't know how long the following link will remain active, but this is the item.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=040223210833102&moduleno=37680

Firstly, the manual states that a wired connection is required to set up the router. Whilst I find this a little odd, the unit is at least supplied with Ethernet AND USB cables.

OS - Win 98se
Where required, correct Ethernet adapter set to obtain IP automatically (all others disable in hardware manager to prevent conflicts)

The problem is thus...

Using "ipconfig /all" or "winipcfg" shows an IP of 10.0.0.12 and a subnet 255.0.0.0. A default gateway of 10.0.0.2 is also present, and more importantly correct.

However, when using IE to navigate to the routers home page of 10.0.0.2 however, all we get is page cannot be displayed.

Any ideas?

1. Are you sure the router can be configured via a web browser?
2. Are you sure you don't have to enable web based configuration with some other program?
3. Are you sure the IP you need to connect to is the same IP that is the gateway?
4. Are you sure you have to connect to the default HTTP port 80?
5. Maybe you have to use the HTTPS protocol instead?

What version of IE? Older versions want you to explicitly put "http://" before the address. The exact IE error would help. Turn off friendly error messages in IE settings and read the error page carefully.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Not sure but think so.
5. Possibly, but I don't think so.

I am afraid I am no longer working with this machine at the moment, so I cannpt say what version of IE, apart from that it is well above 4, and could possibly be 5.

Sorry I cannot be anymore specific.

It would appear to be a browser problem though, as we had it working fine under Mozilla Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back