TechSpot

Ethernet and Wifi device driver packs?

By Trillionsin
Jun 2, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Maybe someone can enlighten me. Is it possible that someone has already created a pack of drivers for ethernet and/or wifi devices so that when we do a clean install on a PC you have all the drivers you might need to get it online and start updates/download the rest of the drivers?

I just find it so annoying and a little bit of a hassle to have to get on another PC, get to the proper support page, download, transfer, unplug, replug, transfer/install onto the clean install PC.

TLDR; Network driver pack for windows 7/8?

2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,398   +169

On the one hand, Win 7 and 8 come with a generic network driver that work with most network cards and at least give you network connectivity to start.

On the other hand, if you're talking about doing a clean re-install? Then build your own "driver pack". See How to Back up your drivers. Backup your drivers before you wipe the disk and reinstall

3. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 1,110   +45

Most but not all.

I do a bit of pc repair. Sometimes I have to do a fresh install. Sometimes Windows 7 does not have the drivers for either the nic or wifi adapter.

I'd like to have the drivers on a usb drive for ease of use.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.