Ethernet Port for Asus S96j just uninstalls itself, cant fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

sllewe

Hello fellow techspotters

My laptop which is a Asus S96j, for some random reason one day just stopped working on the internet.

I thought at first it was a virus/malware problem, but then I noticed I could get on a wireless network just fine and ewido and AVG both came back clean.

So I opened task manager and saw that my ethernet port was listed with a yellow question mark.

So i promptly found the drivers which are Realtek* RTL8169/8100 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC. I have installed them twice now and yet nothing has happened.
See the pictures included. All I get is a message saying that they maintenance completed and I get no prompt for a reboot or anything. It is quite frustrating.

Now if there is no fix I will then buy a RJ45 connector for the PCMIA or expresscard connector to solve the problem. Has anyone ever used these before? Do they interfere with speed? I am a mild gamer on a decent 6meg connection.

could be that the ports gone broke? (guessing)

try a Ubuntu live cd or some other cd' linux and see if you can use the network adapter?

If it is broke, send it back to ASUS for repair.. i hear they're pretty good with their customer service..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back