Ethernet software installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone help me and give me a step by step on how to install the software for
rhine II fast ethernet for windows XP Pro I come across some drivers but nothing seems to work? can anyone help me out in this matter.

that site that isn't the mother board that I have
On 07-04-2008, Post: https://www.techspot.com/vb/post634879-3.html
cypro said:
its a asus k8v-x motherboard
So it's not this one then?

Can you please download: SIW (System Info)
Once installed, please run it via Start->All Programs->SIW
Or directly from Start->Run-> "C:\Program Files\SIW\siw.exe"
Select Hardware on the LHS
Select Motherboard
Copy all details here

Also if you have a proprietory computer, such as Asus or Dell or Hp or other, can you please provide the model number and manufacture.

I solved the problem with a quick trip to the local hardware ( Computer ) store. and bought a ethernet card for the computer and it works just fine thanks for all your help. that's why this is the best place for tech information online. Thank you

ok

But it would be easier to just get the onboard nic to work

ie there are many members with sound/video card issues, we normally wouldn't say go out and buy a new PCI card (unless it's a hardware fault only)

I was also going to mention make sure your nic is enabled in CMOS
But we needed to at least get the right driver

But your choice

Solved !

I don't know how to do that. Oh wait I guess I do, but I tried like 12 different things and was ready to throw the damn thing out LOL. this was a quick fix for me

I need someone to hold my hand and not many people are willing to do that when it comes to computer repair and installiation.

I once did 100 posts on one thread for one member, on re-installing Windows
I had PMs from other support members to stop!
But I continued until the member had his computer running perfectly

I also reply mostly to teenagers computers here, and I can easily dumb down any technical response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back