TechSpot

EU squashes chipmaker cartel, fines could reach $381 million

By Matthew
May 18, 2010
  1. European Union regulators are cracking down on a number of chipmakers for price fixing. Sources close to the situation name nine memory chip manufacturers in the case including Samsung, NEC, Hitachi, Toshiba, Mitsubishi, Hynix, Infineon, Nanya, and Elpida. Micron – who you probably know by the brand Crucial – exposed the cartel and thus will not be fined for its involvement.

Read the whole story

2. That's just about it, I'm going to sue and fine the EU.

3. Armanian

Armanian TS Rookie Posts: 32

Wow this guest doesn't understand anything...

4. Tomorrow_Rains

Tomorrow_Rains TS Enthusiast Posts: 179

He/she Doesnt lmao!!!

5. aaron86

aaron86 TS Rookie

Thats one way to solve their debt crisis

That's one way to solve their debt crisis; suing the pants off of non-European companies.

Actually, for once I support the EU in a law suite. If these companies were price fixing then fine the **** out of them, because it hurts all of us as consumers and decreases the drive for innovation. I'm kind of sad the American judicial system couldn't find the proof of price fixing, our government could have used that money for our own debt :(

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.