TechSpot

Eurocom ships 18.4" Fermi-equipped X8100 Leopard laptop

By Matthew
Jun 16, 2010
  1. If you have deep pockets and a fondness for speedy mobile silicon, Eurocom began shipping its X8100 Leopard gaming/workstation-grade notebook earlier this week. We mentioned the Leopard along with several of its siblings back in early May when it was discovered that they (optionally) employed a mobile iteration Nvidia's Fermi GPU.

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

LOL...a four-cell battery? Really? That'll be just about enough to go through a boot-up before it runs out of juice.

3. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

So I'm guessing it's a magic GTX 480 that won't melt the laptop. Also by dual gpu options when it says GTX 280M or HD 5970 does it mean 2 GTX 280's or a single HD 5970 as other options? Because the 280 is a single gpu card.

4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,075   +84 Staff Member

SLI or CrossFire with two GTX 280M or HD 5870 GPUs.

5. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

Ah thank you matthew for clearing up my confusion.

6. Matthew

No problem.

7. Not that I don't trust Techspot, but Matthew, is it really a 4 cell battery?? That's insane. And it's even more insane if Fermi is going to be included... That's like what? 5 min of battery life?

8. Matthew

Take a look at the site for yourself :).

Perhaps I misunderstood the spec sheet, but to be fair, the machine is over 18 inches and 12lbs -- it's not going to be highly portable or good on battery life no matter what they stuff inside. I imagine they just opted for a smaller battery to focus on features like four storage drives, dual graphics chips etc.

9. Battery life is kind of a moot point IMO. A beastly laptop like this will most likely be used as a desktop replacement and/or a LAN gamer.

10. Matthew

Precisely.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.