TechSpot

Eurocom ships 18.4" Fermi-equipped X8100 Leopard laptop

By Matthew
Jun 16, 2010
  1. If you have deep pockets and a fondness for speedy mobile silicon, Eurocom began shipping its X8100 Leopard gaming/workstation-grade notebook earlier this week. We mentioned the Leopard along with several of its siblings back in early May when it was discovered that they (optionally) employed a mobile iteration Nvidia's Fermi GPU.

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,515   +554

LOL...a four-cell battery? Really? That'll be just about enough to go through a boot-up before it runs out of juice.

3. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

So I'm guessing it's a magic GTX 480 that won't melt the laptop. Also by dual gpu options when it says GTX 280M or HD 5970 does it mean 2 GTX 280's or a single HD 5970 as other options? Because the 280 is a single gpu card.

4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 5,245   +92

SLI or CrossFire with two GTX 280M or HD 5870 GPUs.

5. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

Ah thank you matthew for clearing up my confusion.

6. Matthew

No problem.

7. Not that I don't trust Techspot, but Matthew, is it really a 4 cell battery?? That's insane. And it's even more insane if Fermi is going to be included... That's like what? 5 min of battery life?

8. Matthew

Take a look at the site for yourself :).

Perhaps I misunderstood the spec sheet, but to be fair, the machine is over 18 inches and 12lbs -- it's not going to be highly portable or good on battery life no matter what they stuff inside. I imagine they just opted for a smaller battery to focus on features like four storage drives, dual graphics chips etc.

9. Battery life is kind of a moot point IMO. A beastly laptop like this will most likely be used as a desktop replacement and/or a LAN gamer.

10. Matthew

Precisely.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.