Even after hardware changes windows BSOD`s, help! ( mini dump included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBot

Thi Problem Has bee the bain of my life for ages!!

I have subsiuently tryd replacing every single peice of hardware in my macine ( mb, ram, cpu, gfx, hdd even the cd + flopppy drives)

I have performed countless install and ran memtest last nite ith 9 susesfull passes 0 errors!

the system is more stable than befor but, when playing games, is garentied to crash ( nstant restart or bsod)!

using winxp sp 2

my last mini dump is attached

please help some one

Joe

From just one minidump it`s difficult to be 100% sure.

Your minidump crashes at nvmcp.sys. This is the driver for your onboard sound.

Check for updated drivers etc.

Try uninstalling, and reinstalling the sound drivers.

Regards Howard :) :)

cheers howard

however i have previously tryed a different board with a different codec I am connsidering changing my mobo for a totaly different chipset ( VIA not nvidia) do you think this woudl help?

I'll play some game tonite and will have more mini dumps them

Joe

HElp plse

hee are more minidumps

(4 in total)

i'm getting really upset by this

is there any good sofware to diagnose hardware faults?

Your minidumps crash at kmixer.sys/nvmcp.sys/SYMEvent.SYS/Hardware respectively.

These are the drivers for the Windows kernel sound driver/Nvidia onboard sound driver/Symantec Event Library/ and a hardware problem respectively.

Since you have replace all the hardware in your system, maybe it`s you psu at fault.

The nvmcp.sys, and the SYMEvent.SYS are known to cause problems on some systems.

Uninstall your onboard sound,and disable it in your device manager. Disconnect from the internet, and uninstall Your Symantec programme. See if this makes any difference.

Regards Howard :cool:

hey howard

no differrence

I had a REALLY bad crash today

just got stuck in a crash loop!

I have attached my minidumps do you think you could have a look?

Joe

Your latest batch of minidumps crash with the following errors.

4 crash with ntfs.sys, and one crashes with SYMEvent.SYS.(Symantec/Norton)

The symantec/Norton should be easy to rectify. Use a different security product.

Are you sure that your psu is upto the job? This is the only piece of hardware you haven`t changed.

As for the ntfs.sys this is the file system on your hard drive.

It may have become corrupt.

Click start/run, and type cmd in the window that appears type chkdsk /r /f and hit the enter key. Please note the spaces between the chkdsk command and the first forward slash and again after the r command.

You will be prompted that you need to schedual a disk check the next time you start Windows. Type y and hit the enter key.

Now restart your computer.

During boot up the check disk programme should scan your hard drive for errors.

once it`s finished, your computer will automatically reboot.

If after doing the above you are still having problems, then maybe you need to run a Windows repair as per this thread HERE

Regards Howard :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back