Event ID:1003 - Computer Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys & gals,

My computer has been crashing, and my IT guy can't seem to figure out why, any help you can give would very much be appreciated. Latest Crash was yesterday afternoon, I always get a blue screen with a system error and physical memory dump message. I've read what other posts have said to do, and hopefully I've included everything you need to know(bit of a non-technical person here, so please forgive any mis-information).

Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Description:
Error code 1000007f, parameter1 0000000d, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000

OS: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

PROCESSOR: 2.65 gigahertz Intel Celeron,16 kilobyte primary memory cache,256 kilobyte secondary memory cache

MAIN CIRCUIT BOARD: Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5S800-VM Rev 1.xx, Bus Clock: 133 megahertz, BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 1015.001 09/21/2005

MEMORY MODULES:480 Megabytes Installed Memory, Slot 'DIMM0' has 512 MB (serial number SerNum0), Slot 'DIMM1' is Empty

DRIVES: 80.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity, 73.22 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space, TSSTcorp CD-R/RW SH-R522C [CD-ROM drive], 3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive], WDC WD800JD-00LSA0 [Hard drive] (80.02 GB) -- drive 0

Thanks for your time!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

3 minidumps crash with memory corruption, two have a bugcheck of 7F, one has a bugcheck of D1.

1 minidump crashes at tdi.sys. It has a bugcheck of D1.

I believe your problem is caused by either faulty ram or a faulty/underpowered psu.

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks for your help Howard.

I will test the ram as you recommended and see if that helps. Also thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated!

Kim :approve:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back