Event Viewer error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys , i am new here and sorry if i made a topic in the wrong place but i really need a help , i read something here about event viewer errors and i have one error too,

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 11.03.2010
Time: 15:27:36
User: N/A
Computer: BADBOYS-C6E7ED7
Description:
The MCIDRV_2600_6_0 service failed to start due to the following error:
The specified driver is invali
d.

i don't know what is it but this appears when i connect to Battlefiled 2 Servers and my PC restarts and in this Event viewer\system\error i get error which i posted, i don't know what to do and plz help if you can

Generally, any service may cause this to be recorded so there could be thousands of variants. Missing or corrupted files, insufficient rights, missing registry entries, antivirus software, faulty hardware, software bugs etc. Service Control Manager that handles services simply records the failure.

Do you see BSOD or it simply reboots?

Also MCIDRV_2600_6_0 service is related to a virus as well (W32.Sality.AB); I will advise you to go through the 8-step guide and post the logs on the appropriate forum. Regard

i don't know what is BSOD , but i think it's the Blue screen which appears for a second when it restarts , i can't even see what is there written , i will see this 8 Steps and make everything as it said. It appears only when i turn Battlefiled 2 on and Connect to some server.

Exactly what I was referring to BSOD = Blue Screen of Death

Can you please go to C:\windows\minidump
zip all the files available in that folder; and post them here.

Also, please continue with the 8-steps as discussed earlier.

I've gone through 3 of your minidumps and all of them carry 0xD1 error code; which usually refers to faulty device drivers. In your case, the dumps points to viahduaa.sys; which part of your via high definition audio solution. Have a look at your motherboard's (i'm assuming you are using on-board audio) manufacturer's website, and see whether there is a new version of drivers is available. Uninstall your older drivers; use driver cleaner (or similar util) to clean out any remnants which may be left behind. Then reinstall the newer drivers.

I will update this same post if i find something of further concern in the remaining dumps.

Well, fortunately, all the dumps point to the problem I mentioned above. So good luck with the proposed remedy, and let me know if you need further assistance. Regards.

Archen , Thank you very much , you were right , it just wanted to update my audio driver and now everything works : ) but i will do 8 Steps for my future security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back