Eventid 1003 BSoD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I set up remote desktop on windows XP over the internet. Terminal services caused some printer driver issues. The first set of problems seems to have been remedies by a wizard I found on the MS support page.

But there are more. I am pretty certain it is more printer driver problems because I can operate in safe mode. Anyway, I am lost. Here are several dump files.

Basically, the system will boot and within about a minute it goes to BSoD. I don't know how to get any useful information from the dumps. THere were a few devices in device manager (some sort of unidentified human interface device that had yellow exclamations on them. I disabled and then uninstalled these. This did not seem to hurt or help anything but they probably were related to the printers. this is a fresh xp install. Any help or pointers would be most greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Mini050210-05.zip
    188.3 KB · Views: 1
I read five of the files and all report the same error 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.

And all report the same Windows OS driver as the cause of your crashes: csrss.exe

Normally OS drivers are too general to be of much help but in this case it might help: This file is actually a Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem ... This is the user-mode portion of the Win32 subsystem (with Win32.sys being the kernel-mode portion). Csrss stands for client/server run-time subsystem and is an essential subsystem that must be running at all times. Csrss is responsible for console windows, creating and and/or deleting threads, and some parts of the 16-bit virtual MS-DOS environment. The csrss.exe which is from Microsoft is located in the c:\windows\System32 folder.

* What were those yellow exclamations next to what devices? Deleting them was quite possibly not good.

I can't say what the small yellow exclamation points were for the unidentified hardware devices. It did not seem to hurt anything when uninstalled. (or help).

ANyway, so if it is this windows OS driver, what should I do to try to fix it? Plus, if you happen to know, why did it break when I started Remote Desktop.

(and also, do you have any leads I can follow on learning how to many sense of those dump files? )
thanks.

They were "human interface devices" but I have no idea what that means in this context because no new hardware was added. The other driver problems were all printer problems.

So what is the solution? A clean wipe? Or is there a way I can fix it?

THanks for the lead on dump files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back