Ever order from newegg.com?

Setaseeker

I am going to order a Ti 4200 tomorrow from newegg.com but just wanted to know if it is a reliable site to order from? Have you all had pretty good luck with them? TIA

Newegg has excellent prices, & FedEx Super Saver Shipping for about $6 on most items (weight notwithstanding)

I've had one experience with them, albeit bad, but I believe they are a good site.

I've only used them once, I ordered on a thursday evening, and got my stuff the following wednesday. Friday-Monday was a holliday weekend. I wasn't expecting the order until the end of the week at the earliest.

I'm curious to your bad experience Vehementi, did they ship the wrong order? lose your order? or was it something too private to discuss with anyone but your therapist?

I believe Rick and some of the other regulars use newegg frequently and would recommend it to anyone. I myself, being in the UK haven't ;)
Do a search on "newegg" and you will probably get some members posts talking about the site.

A friend of mine swears by Newegg. He wont' order from anyone else even if their prices are cheaper. He says they are very good. And I'd say he is fairly trustworthy as far as computer components and ordering go.

Take my word on it, Newegg.com is one of the best places to buy your equipment on the web. I have ordered video cards, CPU's, mobo's and everything else you can buy for a computer and they have never let me down.

My only gripe with Newegg is that they filter out the negative product reviews that are available with each product they sell. Its alright to hear the good things about something but I like hearing the bad more!

NewEgg

I have used newegg several times and they are the best. I would not buy anything computer wise on the web from anyone else.

Originally posted by StormBringer
I'm curious to your bad experience Vehementi, did they ship the wrong order? lose your order? or was it something too private to discuss with anyone but your therapist?

They said the stuff I wanted was in. It wasn't. They didn't send it...

I emailed them to cancel my order, and they didn't answer. I ordered the stuff I wanted from another site. They finally responded with the reason they didn't send it is my credit card information isn't verified, but then they verified it, and my product was underway.

Aack!

So I had to send it all back, the 9$ shipping charge going to me. But I think they are legit, I just had a really bad experience.

Well i ordered my Ti 4200 a few hours ago... within minutes i got a response that said my card had been charged... so that was pretty quick i just hope they are as quick with sending it cause i can't wait until i have a nice card

StormBringer said:
I've only used them once, I ordered on a thursday evening, and got my stuff the following wednesday. Friday-Monday was a holliday weekend. I wasn't expecting the order until the end of the week at the earliest.

hahaha...I am worried about it too. I have experienced that bad before, of course not on newegg. I think all newegg and www.meritline.com are all with excellent service. I like them. :knock:

svtcobra said:
Take my word on it, Newegg.com is one of the best places to buy your equipment on the web.
Yep! :grinthumb

If you are ever curious about a certain online vendor, head over to ResellerRatings, and see what kind of rating they have. Newegg has one of the best scores for any site listed on RR.

Newegg has been good to me. I order from them quite a bit, as i do some reselling.

One piece of a advice; though an OEM part, especially a cpu or a motherboard, may be cheaper than a retail part, DON'T get an OEM part unless it comes with at least a 1 year warranty. Spring for retail.

Trust me, the extra 5-15% in cost is most definately worth it when 9 months later a cpu suddenly stops working or a motherboard emits grey magic smoke.

I never had a problem with Newegg and I usually receive my stuff in 2 days :grinthumb using Fed-Ex Ground (they are in CA and I am in AZ)

Newegg is a safe place to buy from. Ordered there several times, fast and affordable shipping. no problems.

Back