Every Torrent I've used is, CRAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be a repost, but oh well.

As the title said, I've used NUMEROUS clients like, ABC, BitTorrent, Bit Comet, BitSpirit, Azureus, Bit Tornado, Shad0w's, uTorrent, and so many others I cannot remember..... anyhoo. All I want is to download files that are sometimes 174 MB, or 233MB.... THAT'S IT, and all are downloading at 8Kb/S and under.

I've configured all of my connection settings to the client, and every single one has been so rediculously slow. I haven't seen one Estimated Time under 8 Hours... usually they varied around 18 hours. I have a DSL SBC Yahoo connection, it's pretty good. I have no complaints, no lag when I'm playing games and such - there's nothing wrong with my connection. FTP Servers are great for me, just....

...is it me or do all torrent clients SUCK? I haven't come across one torrent client that is at least better than Limewire.... I mean... Limewire!!! With Limewire I get 13-18kb/s estimated time is 1H & 30mins - 4hrs. Seriously... Limewire, I have found to be the best so far, which it shouldn't be....

So, if anyone has a suggestion on a client, I have not used and you know that is better than the rest for 100% give me a yell.

Before you reply: Please give me facts rather than opinions.

Please try to be a little less confrontational and aggressive. Polite requests and good grammar go down well here and are more likely to obtain polite and courteous replies. - Spike

Personally, I'm using the original bittorent client (ie, the official one) right at this moment at a speed of 223 kb/s on a 2 meg connection for a 300 MB file.

Try using a .torrent such as the latest version of the Fedora Core operating system to test the speed. Remember of course that with bittorrent, it gets faster as it goes along. You don't have to download the whole thing. Just about 15-30 mins should do it.

Thanks for your opinion, I will check it out... but I am afraid I will most likely get the same results.

And Mod. Spike. I was pissed off at the time from downloading ever torrent client as possible. Sorry about that.

It may possibly be your ISP throttling bittorrent traffic. Do you happen to know if they have Ellacoya switches installed on their network?

Oh, their evil things. They are switches on a network that can throttle different types of traffic to different speeds (or even block it altogether). They work through deep packet inspection rather than by port&protocol in detecting what traffic is, and so the only way around them is encryption - that's why many torrent utilities are starting to introduce an encryption setting.

Unfortunately though, in my personal opinion only, They slow traffic down more than ISPs realise sometimes. As I say though, that's just my opinion.

If your ISP is using them, then they'll have probably announced it somewhere, or there'll undoubtedly be reference to them in such places as your ISP's forum or ADSLguide (if applicable)

I checked out my ISP's site, and my modem portal's home connection page, I don't see anything like that. I think I'm sticking to Limewire, I refresh it until I get a good speed right now it's around 40kb/s, Not bad.... but better than any torrent client I've used. Thanks for your help.

And soon enough, you'll be in the Security part of the forum complaining about the Malware/Spyware/Virus you've got from Limewire. :p

lol i know i had limewire back in 2003, and i didnt know wat it waws i thought all of it worked lol, and all i got is sytem crashes, Last time i ever use p2p :haha:

Didou said:
And soon enough, you'll be in the Security part of the forum complaining about the Malware/Spyware/Virus you've got from Limewire. :p
"oh the tangled webs we weave when we first begin to THIEVE."

ISP’s normally don’t advertise that they throttle torrent traffic.
A lot of factors come into play when you get into the torrent game.
Do you have a router? How many seeds/lechers are we looking at? If your ISP is throttling your torrent traffic, uTorrent can help.

ISP’s normally don’t advertise that they throttle torrent traffic

ope, they don't like to, I agree, but it's shiny new kit, and it's something to impress the investors with, so invariably it "leaks out" and so if it isn't announced by the ISP themselves, undoubtedly the users will have found out about it at some point or other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back