TechSpot

Everytime i start runnin a game, it restarts...

By batigoal
Apr 5, 2008
  1. Everytime i try running a game that worked previously, my computer restarts itself...wad could be the problem??

2. woody1191

woody1191 TS Rookie Posts: 572

Maybe you could be a bit more detailed, also please add your system spec to your profile and click yes to show system spec.

3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Corrupt video drivers... See, I can be vague too

4. batigoal

batigoal TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 58

To be more specific, the games were workin fine but juz a week ago my com suddenly show a screen statin "Overclocking has failed" but i didnt and dunno how to overclock at all! After i went to the repair shop and e guy said everything is ok i tried playin my games and den whenever i start a game,my com would automatically restart itself.When i play less graphically intensive games it can last around 5mins b4 it restarts again..i dunno wad could be the problem..any help is greatly appreciated~

5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Try resetting your motherboards bios or CMOS settings

6. batigoal

yup tried that (i went into the BIOs setup screen and selected "Load Optimized Defaults") and it worked for quite awhile (around half a day) before the problem came up again. And this time it's even worse as it restarts even before i can log in to my windows..

7. batigoal

oh and sometimes it prompts me to choose one of these options

-Safe Mode
    -Safe Mode With Networking
    -Safe Mode With Command Prompt
    -Last Known Good Configuration
    -Start Windows Normally

i have tried Last Known Good Configuration and Start Windows Normally but both of them ended up havin the same outcome which is the PC restartin automatically b4 i can log into my windows or logged into it briefly only...

8. X1950XT

X1950XT TS Rookie Posts: 17

I think it's overheating because you state that graphically intensive games makes it restart. The new motherboards or cpu's have overheating protection and when it reaches a certain level of heat, it restarts the system.

Try monitoring the heat with speedfan and see how it comes up.

9. batigoal

oh my...tat's certainly bad news..dont wanna see my new pc get burned up after juz a week...btw wad is a speed fan? pardon my noob question >.<

10. X1950XT

X1950XT TS Rookie Posts: 17

11. batigoal

Thanks for the info =D
    But now my com wont even start runnin..even when i havent on it for the past 12hours! So it cant be the heat problem.. =(

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.