eVGA 133-K8-NF43 Mobo .. need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

truflip

ok here my situation. I have an old PC.. and i am upgrading.. now the only thing i took from the old PC is the RAM sticks and the DVD/CD burner AAAAANND the harddrive

mobo, vid card, CPU, PSU are all new...

now my motherboard is the NF43...

so I am aware that I pretty much have to have a clean install of XP so eveerything works fine...

neway I installed the mobo on the new caase.. i didnt touch the jumpers.. theyre all on default (because I heard default settings is the normal user setting)

I connect 20pin ATX.. +12V rail, and the video card. I plugged in my old harddrive and my CD/DVD burner... I boot up the computer... and it says Floppy failed to boot.. so I press F1 to continue n skip that... then it says something about hardware conflicts or somethin so it asks me if
boot in safe mode
last known good configs
start normally..

now at this point.. i cannot choose.. because the keyboard wouldnt work..

neway i tried another way..

I inserted XP CD.. restarted and set the CD room to boot.. and it did.. but then at the point where it ssays "press any key to boot from CD".. none of the keys work.. its like the keyboards got no power or something.. can anyone plz help me out? i really want to get this thing up n running

What kind of keyboard are you using, usb, or ps2?

Can you get into bios?

Also, what is the exact error message you`re getting.

Regards Howard :)

USB
n yes sir I can get into BIOS
the error.. not sure it was 4AM lol too tired
but basically it was jus one of those windows did not shut down properly type n they give u a chocie what to do

howard_hopkinso said:
Try connecting a ps2 keyboard, and see if you still have the same problem.

Regards Howard :)

will do now (actually... vnfultra jus told me to do the same lol)

brb gonna try that one out

hey sorry for the late reply, yes my problem is now solved =]

actually i wanted to enable USB keyboard support right at startup.. but the option to do that in the BIOS was a pain in d @$$ to find.. i actually jsut found it now :hotbounce

anyway, i used PS/2 as couple of you suggestd.. thank you
and everythings up and running, I went out after I installed XP last night so i didnt get a chance to reply till now.. that i jus woke up haha

so thnks again :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back