Evga 8800gts

By cryselrain
Nov 15, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok quick question, are the GeForce 8800GTS Superclocked compatible w/ a Win2k OS?
  2. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas Newcomer, in training Posts: 718

I believe that if your GPU is compatible with your P.C., you should be able to run any Windows.
  3. cryselrain

cryselrain Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Can anyone else confirm this plz.
  4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 939   +82

Ya know, since I can't find drivers at Nvidia for this configuration, I'm going to say that it's not compatible. You may consider an upgrade to XP with the card.
  5. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,382   +15

Its true; you'll need Win2K drivers for the videocard. Kinda like when nVidia bought out 3dFX, then a year later WindowsXP came out, there wernt any drivers for pre-era WinXP 3dFX cards to run on XP!
  6. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,382   +15

Oh and BTW nVidia do make drivers for your card to run on Win2K, they are actually the in the same zip file / download as the WinXP drivers.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1547

7. OldBoy2k

OldBoy2k TechSpot Member Posts: 27

Yes, thats true.Even then latest XP drivers do have Win2k drivers a board.Its the same driver package which detects your OS during install.No problems with current new 32bit drivers at all.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.