eVGA NF43 and AMD's cool n quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it does, it should have an option like "cool and quiet: auto, disable" in the bios, set to auto to enable. Also, you need to download the amd processor driver and install it and set the pc's power scheme to minimal power management. Once that's done, it should scale back the cpu to about 1000mhz when not under load. I'd assume a modern board for amd cpus would support the feature.

I assumed exactly that.. but once i isntalled the AMD CPU driver.. and set the stuff in the Power Options.. i didnt see any changes. In my BIOS though i dont see any "cool and quiet" =(

I see a thermal throttling option though.. i'll take a picture if needed (tomrrow.. im heading 2 bed now)

ok I found the cool n quiet option.. it was hidden in the power management.. gaahh .. neway it seems to be enabled now after a few tries.. for some reason the driver i downloaded (v1.2.2.2)does not seem to work.. i had to google for other drivers and v1.1.0.1 was the one that works :S

do u have cool n quiet? if so what driver do u have? also in the power options.. i read somewhere that after cool n quiet has been enabled.. i should see an "AMD Cool n Quiet" tab (http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/128 the link doesnt seem to work ATM.. but try it anyway)

well mine seems to work now, my clock goes down as low as 1.2ghz.. from 2.2.. i guess the multiplier gets cut from 9 to 5 when it doesnt need all that ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back