Evga nvidia 8800 gts Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDEBWOY

Hows the overall quality and performance of this card i got the 320 mb version to this brand new sealed and want to know shall i pop this in or get a 620 mb etc Any info would be great Thanks in advanced

From what ive heard the difference between the two versions only shows above 1600x1200 resolutions, and thats just framerates. I suppose it depends on the game also but from my research thats been the only difference. Last week I just upgraded from a vanilla 6800 to a EVGA superclocked 8800gts 320MB and I haven't found anything to complain about yet. Performance in Vista isnt up to par yet but thats true for all Nvidia cards, they generally perform 10-20% worse in Vista than they do in XP.

RUDEBWOY said:
Hows the overall quality and performance of this card i got the 320 mb version to this brand new sealed and want to know shall i pop this in or get a 620 mb etc Any info would be great Thanks in advanced
The 320 is fine for monitors 22" and under. The 640 makes more sense for larger displays and higher resolutions, that's where the extra ram comes into play.

I am running the Evga nvidia 8800 gts the 320 mb version, and am using a 30 in. monitor and have no problems with it.

I never said anything was wrong with the 320, I was just saying that if your running a large display with maximum display and performance enhancements the 640 would justify the added expense. If I bought a 8800 it would be the 320.

My brother has this card, the xfx version of it, i thought the gtx would be overkill for him since he's only 13, but he has a 27" samsung lcd and it runs fine, on high detail for him. He plays F.E.A.R if that helps you any

So would this card be good to run all the upcoming dx 10 games?or am i going to have to get a 620 mb etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back