evga Nvidia Geforce FX 5700 Ultra Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 2 days ago i was playing a game on my computer when the game froze up all of the sudden and i had to restart. When i restarted my computer it showed the bios screen displaying white lines running vertically in pairs of four down my screen. Currently the only way i can start Windows is via safemode where the vertical lines still display my computer information is displayed below

Cpu = Athlon 64 FX-53
Mobo = Giga-byte GA-K8NNXP-940
Video Card = evga Nvidia Geforce FX 5700 Ultra 4x/8x agp

I have reset my computer many times and reset and updated my bios as well. The video card did not have anything blocking the fan to cause it to overheat. I also checked the monitor plug and plugged a additional monitor into the video card but it still did not work. If anyone could give me any ideas it would be greatly appriciated.

welcome to techspot :wave: :wave:

are u over clocking your FX5700, if so reset it back to stock temperature. the problem is that the card is getting overheated(trust me i had a similar problem with my old 5700le) try putting up couple of more fans also u can try installing third party cooling solutions (like the one from ZAlman)

:grinthumb

no i havent overclocked it but i will try to cool it down again... i have though been able to load it successfully one time but now its back to the way it used to be with the vertical lines

I checked all the connectors and fiddeled with them for 30 min. also i plugged in my other monitor again with a dvi interface still showed the probem.. i also took your advice on the cooling issue and put artic silver 5 on the core and memory and replaced them. i think my gpu could have become defected.

i saw this in another post,
according to that post u can get those vertical lines if you have a faulty PSu which doesnt supply enough power, check ur PSU and see if it supplies the power, also try using any software that will help u find the voltages suppled by ur PSU, u can also use a PSU tester. :grinthumb

the more i think about it the more it makes sense.. i own a razer diamondback mouse which is very power demanding.. ive noticed that sometimes when i boot up my computer it dosent operate on occasion.. the only way i could use it was to restart and then it would usually work.. this weekend im going to get a new powersupply since the one i have inside this pc now was modded. with light up fans etc.. hopefully it will fix my problem. thanks for the help :grinthumb

nope it didint fix the problem.. so now im going to buy a cheap gfx card with a big cooler so i make sure this next one wont overheat :hotbounce

Before going for a new card get a GFX card cooler it comes to around 37$ and are good try them before jumping on to a new card, between what card are u planning to get.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back