eVGA or XFX 7600GT? or new OC'ing RAM?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

truflip

hmm.. i dono what to do..

should i get an
XFX 7600GT $247.98 CAD + 7$ express shipping
http://www.ncix.com/products/index....DD3&manufacture=XFX Technologies&promoid=1030
or this eVGA 7600GT $259.50 CAD + 15$ express shipping
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=17948&vpn=256-P2-N553&manufacture=eVGA

I have an eVGA 6600GT and I really like their customer service. I never have to wait more than 2 minutes on the phone to get tech support. but damn, their fans are loud and GPU stays oh so warm. pretty good cards with cood tech and customer service.

however, XFX.. hmm.. i heard some good things.. just some. BUT heres the catch, notice the clock speeds? 590MHZ GPU and 1.6GHZ DDR3 and the price is better and shipping is halfed. the eVGA is doing 580MHZ and 1.5GHZ. the GPU clock difference isnt a big deal, but the DDR3 speed is (100mhz diff) and improves performance quite a bit.

OR maybe i should get some nice OC'ing ram?
OR how about saving my money?

Im planning on selling my 6600GT for $150 so id only need like.. another 120$ to get either of the top cards mentioned

Why don't you wait a month or 2 and buy a 7800GT or GTX. with the new 7900 series out now, retailers are dumping the 7800 series at reasonable prices. I've been watching them come down in price in just the last few weeks. The diff between 1.6 and 1.5 GHz is ntohing and you won't notice it or you can just adjust this in the nVidia settings.

I have the 6600GT also and plan to upgrade to 7800 when they hit a really nice price (next few months).

ps, I can't seem to find any 512Mb 7800GT or GTX , btw, weird.

weird.. my memory clock speed is at 1.1ghz n it improved my game performance noticibly. i have the 6600GT too.. maybe this is only on lower end cards. I can see you in Ontario too. where do you shop for PC parts? I can surely wait a month or two till school ends lol

Bytewize.ca, in Kingston might be good for you. I use ExtremePC.ca they're in Guelph. Yeah I have mine at 1100 up from 1000 too. but XFX is know for OCing their cards, they just do it at the component level. So we can do it in the settings menu no biggy. That's all I meant.

Cheers.

PS I lived in Ottawa for 4 years when working at Nortel. Then my division(optical components) got sold to a British start-up. Six months later I decided to leave and moved back to Hamilton. Sens are doing great this yr!

I don't think newegg even ships to Canada.

ok, I was strongly considering the 7600gt as an upgrade to my 6600gt but now I'm starting to hear people say wait for the 7800gt price to drop. The thing is, the 7600gt is already near the top of my budget. How cheap do you guys think the 7800s will get in the next few months? will the price be comparable to what the 7600 is priced at now, or will it still be a lot more expensive, but a better deal?

and for those of us around toronto, Canada computers is a great place to get parts.

oh and, Go leafs Go! :(

kirock said:
Bytewize.ca, in Kingston might be good for you. I use ExtremePC.ca they're in Guelph. Yeah I have mine at 1100 up from 1000 too. but XFX is know for OCing their cards, they just do it at the component level. So we can do it in the settings menu no biggy. That's all I meant.

Cheers.

PS I lived in Ottawa for 4 years when working at Nortel. Then my division(optical components) got sold to a British start-up. Six months later I decided to leave and moved back to Hamilton. Sens are doing great this yr!
That they sure are. 1st in East. too bad i never got to watch even one game at the corel centre.. or rather scotia bank place =S anywho. i'll check out those two sites when I get home a little later. btw, just a quicky (incase u see this before i get to checkc out their sites) do they ship to ottawa?

sjps220 said:
No they dont. or else id be broke from buying theyre drop dead gorgeous pricing

sjps220 said:

ok, I was strongly considering the 7600gt as an upgrade to my 6600gt but now I'm starting to hear people say wait for the 7800gt price to drop. The thing is, the 7600gt is already near the top of my budget. How cheap do you guys think the 7800s will get in the next few months? will the price be comparable to what the 7600 is priced at now, or will it still be a lot more expensive, but a better deal?

and for those of us around toronto, Canada computers is a great place to get parts.

oh and, Go leafs Go! :(

ahh u edited urs =S anywho.. I dont think the 7800GT will come down to the 7600GT's price in a few months. 7800 is like what.. $400 right now? the 7600GT can be had for as low as $250. I jus dont think the 7800GT will drop $150 so soon. maybe next year though. in a few months id expect maybe a $50-75 price drop on avg. but thats already throwing my pennies in the wish fountain. still.. if u can save up an extra 100$ in 3 months, im sure u can get a nice 7800GT somewhere..

btw, NCIX.com ships nationwide for sometimes 8.99 express shipping. literally takes overnight. if u order early in the morning. u get it the next day around after lunch.. and GO SENS GO!!! =D

yeah I just discovered that site from another post. I'm waiting on canada computers to get their xfx and evga 7600s in so that I can compare prices. right now they have the asus for 250 and the bfg for 275.

:unch: <-- toothless heatley

I dont think the 7800GT will come down to the 7600GT's price in a few months. 7800 is like what.. $400 right now?

you can get a 7800gt for $275..and it will probably get close to $200 dollars soon

sjps220 said:
yeah I just discovered that site from another post. I'm waiting on canada computers to get their xfx and evga 7600s in so that I can compare prices. right now they have the asus for 250 and the bfg for 275.

:unch: <-- toothless heatley
but that ASUS has superstock speeds =[ I like ASUS' but i find them so overpriced and always over performed by other brands that are more cost effective. i.e the XFX is like a rocket compard to the ASUS for the same price

twite said:
you can get a 7800gt for $275..and it will probably get close to $200 dollars soon
sorry but we're talking CANADIAN prices here. i mentioned that at the beginning of the post.. and throughout the thread =P

aahhh.. im stil trying to get rid of my card >_< I lost a potential buyer cuz i decided to wait, then the next day changed my mind, then he got another card >_<

thanks for the link though! I thought i saw this for $230 last night i guess its even cheaper now =D

EDIT:

ahhh this is weird. I think this is like a random surprise sale.. I closed everythign to restart my computer, then i go to see the card again (this time by going to NCIX n searching the card) and it says $228 (like last night) hahaha coool.

now im even MORE glad you pointed this out! thanks so mcuh

truflip said:
hmm.. i dono what to do..

should i get an
XFX 7600GT $247.98 CAD + 7$ express shipping
http://www.ncix.com/products/index....DD3&manufacture=XFX Technologies&promoid=1030
or this eVGA 7600GT $259.50 CAD + 15$ express shipping
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=17948&vpn=256-P2-N553&manufacture=eVGA

I have an eVGA 6600GT and I really like their customer service. I never have to wait more than 2 minutes on the phone to get tech support. but damn, their fans are loud and GPU stays oh so warm. pretty good cards with cood tech and customer service.

however, XFX.. hmm.. i heard some good things.. just some. BUT heres the catch, notice the clock speeds? 590MHZ GPU and 1.6GHZ DDR3 and the price is better and shipping is halfed. the eVGA is doing 580MHZ and 1.5GHZ. the GPU clock difference isnt a big deal, but the DDR3 speed is (100mhz diff) and improves performance quite a bit.

OR maybe i should get some nice OC'ing ram?
OR how about saving my money?

Im planning on selling my 6600GT for $150 so id only need like.. another 120$ to get either of the top cards mentioned

The one on the top is better than the eVGA

truflip said:
ahhh this is weird. I think this is like a random surprise sale.. I closed everythign to restart my computer, then i go to see the card again (this time by going to NCIX n searching the card) and it says $228 (like last night) hahaha coool.
yeah i had the same thing happen to me. I thought I was crazy. I saw it for 198 and I thought it was a good deal, added it to my shopping cart to try and figure out shipping, and then when I went to look at the card some more, it was back up to 230 and I couldn't find any mention of 198. Now when I go to the site I see it as 198. weird.

NCIX isn't bad place but they seemed to be only on track price wise with the rest of the places I posted. http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=16412&vpn=256-P2-N517-AX&manufacture=eVGA
That's an eVGA example.

My Fav place seems to have sold out of the 7800GT, and they had it $389.00 :eek:
Did you guys check out Extreme-PC: http://www.extreme-pc.ca/search.asp
They do have good prices, ship next for stock items.
When the 7800GT hits 325, I'm buying 2! :stickout: I've explained to my wife why the kids eat too much. :haha:

Ok, I know in general, Canada's prices are higher but at Extreme PC, a damn X1900XTX 512MB is f**king 750 bucks. @ CrossFire851: I just like to waste people's money unless they're smart, and if they're smart and need a system, I customize them a nice system. Remember the system I built for that WooDchiP guy? Nice cheap gaming system man.

AMD Athlon64 3200+
eVGA 6800GS
1GB Corsair ValueSelect RAM

Amazing man. It should run all games out there on at least medium settings and most on high. And it's under $1000.

really..

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
eVGA 6600GT
1GB Samsung DDR400 RAM

506$ (i have the reciept if u want to see it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back