Ewan52

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewan52

Hi everyone and my wishes for a prosperous 2007 to you all.

Question ! !

Running Windows XP Home Edition and just decided that I wanted to invoke MS Access.

When I attempt to do this the system comes up and tells me that I do not have a licence to run this software on my system. I have a legal copy of MS Office 97. I un-installed everything and tryed re-installing with the same results stated previously.

I am just not certain that I have ever run MS Access on this machine. My gut tells me that I probably haven't.

Any ideas???

The problem often occurs in the registry. Office 97 normally left a lot of hidden residue on the hard drive.
The fix was one of the many downloads for Office 97 that updated Office. Those downloads are no longer available on the Microsoft site as the no longer support the old versions. You should be able to find others with a Google search.
First, I would remove Office 97, the remove all residue with a simple registry editor such as RegClean (see Registry at www.majorgeeks.com and many others). Remove all the references to Office 97, Word, Access and so on in the Registry. Then reboot, and try again.
If you have Windows XP, you may have to remove the Service Pack 2, then reinstall Service Pack 2, then install Office 97. Of course by then, you day is shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back