TechSpot

Excessive Ad

By mailpup
Feb 28, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. The screen print below shows an ad that covers the lower 1/3 of the page that I can't seem to get rid of. There's no "x" to close it, at least none that I can find.

upload_2016-2-27_23-19-12.png

stewi0001 likes this.
  2. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,185   +530

I'm seconding this motion.
    I try to support you guys by not using any kind of ad block but this is a bit much. At least it's not an ad for tampons.

bigad.png

3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,059   +646

I'm reporting this to our ad network, although we do allow certain ads that go beyond the standard ad banner, these shouldn't load on every page view and should have an 'X' to shut it down. Policy against pops, interstitials and other intrusive ad formats stand as well.

mailpup and SNGX1275 like this.
  4. Julio Franco

Now corrected according to ad ops :). Thanks for the note.

stewi0001 likes this.
  5. Technician

Technician TS Addict Posts: 677   +113

AdBlock :)

6. TheBigFatClown

TheBigFatClown TS Guru Posts: 647   +227

Not happy about these pop-up ads.

7. Julio Franco

Sorry about that. Can you please confirm if it is a Razer Blade ad? That one we received a report on Friday and the ad guys should be removing today. Was it appearing once in your session or on every page load?

8. TheBigFatClown

TheBigFatClown TS Guru Posts: 647   +227

I don't remember exactly. I get so frustrated with full-page, shut-down-everything-the-world-is-about-to-end, advertisements. I instinctively look for the red-x and close them as fast as I can. Hi-jacking my monitor and forcing me to watch ads...they only hurt themselves.