Experts urge Clinton to demand election recount in three key states amid vote hacking fears

midian182

Staff member

For a lot of people around the world and in the US, the result of this month’s presidential election came as a surprise. But some academics, activists, and computer scientists insist that Trump didn’t actually beat Hillary Clinton, and are asking for recounts or audits in three key states where they say the votes were manipulated by foreign hackers.

New York Magazine reports that a group of computer scientists and election lawyers are urging Hilary Clinton’s campaign to call for vote recounts in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. The group says that the Democrat received 7 percent fewer votes in counties that relied on electronic voting machines compared to counties that used optical scanners and paper ballots, suggesting the possibility of a hack.

While the group acknowledges that there is no conclusive evidence of hacking, it believes the pattern needs to be examined by an independent review.

Meanwhile, The Guardian reports that a loose coalition of experts is preparing to deliver a report to congressional committee chairs and federal authorities next week that focuses on concerns over the results in the three states.

“I’m interested in verifying the vote,” said Dr Barbara Simons, an adviser to the US election assistance commission and expert on electronic voting. “We need to have post-election ballot audits.”

In October, the US Intelligence Community blamed the Russian government for a series of high-profile cyberattacks that were apparently aimed at influencing the election. US officials followed this up with a dire warning to Russia, promising to attack the country’s key systems if it was found to have interfered directly with the vote itself.

In the months leading up to the election, opinion polls had Clinton leading Trump in the three swing states, but she ultimately lost Pennsylvania and Wisconsin by a narrow margin. A final result has still not been declared in Michigan as the results were so close, but it may still go to the Republican side.

Clinton has given no indication that she intends to challenge the election result, and Trump’s transition team haven’t responded to questions. The three states have between Friday and next Wednesday to file for a vote recount.

Permalink to story.

She'll never do it because her defeat will turn into an Overwhelming Defeat.

And also, TechSpot, I'd keep my eye out for this Rob Thubron character.

I hope she does do it - but in a low profile manner. We very much DO need audits. Only way to learn if it is screwed up and needs to be fixed.

I wish it was so, but I don't think electronic voting machines are usually connected to the Internet, so they can't be hacked as such. The hacking would have to be upstream.

LOL...waste of time. For one thing, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE of hacking. Second, if Hillary does this, it will show how even more how a BIG HYPOCRITE she is. Wasn't it her that made a big fuss of how Donald Trump should except the election results? If she does challenge the results....LOL, ha,ha,ha...forget about it.

My goodness the Snowflake LEFT can't get over it. From Elector Intimdiation, to rioting, to fake voter hacking....SUCK IT UP, Buttercup. Donald Trump will be the new President of the United States.

She'll never do it because her defeat will turn into an Overwhelming Defeat.

And also, TechSpot, I'd keep my eye out for this Rob Thubron character.
I'm sorry, but what you say is just retarded and nobody should threaten the author just because he wrote an article like this.

I wish it was so, but I don't think electronic voting machines are usually connected to the Internet, so they can't be hacked as such. The hacking would have to be upstream.

I'm sorry I seem to be confused. Can you explain a bit more more?

This makes me think back to a Simpsons couch gag for the election of obama vs mc cain

Fun appart nothing is to say there isint just a simple bug in the software. Vs a hack

LOL...waste of time. For one thing, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE of hacking. Second, if Hillary does this, it will show how even more how a BIG HYPOCRITE she is. Wasn't it her that made a big fuss of how Donald Trump should except the election results? If she does challenge the results....LOL, ha,ha,ha...forget about it.

My goodness the Snowflake LEFT can't get over it. From Elector Intimdiation, to rioting, to fake voter hacking....SUCK IT UP, Buttercup. Donald Trump will be the new President of the United States.

So, just because there is no evidence of something, means it never happened. Love your logic. Despite who I was for or who I'm against, you are funny man.

Gore contested the election results. Clinton immediately conceded.

She's not going to pursue an audit or recount because it may cost her the popular vote, further damaging her legacy.

LOL, these "scientist" have no PROOF, other than their candidate didn't win.
But, as with most liberal claims...it's the "seriousness of the charge" that
matters...not any PROOF.

Again, I'd like to reply to a comment... Let's make a simple example, so there's no proof someone murdered your family... lets just forget it ever happened and not pursue it anymore, call it a mass suicide. Let's not look into it, and forget who ever suspected anything in the first place. lol loving this logic guys :')

I'm just replying on the logic here. Dont care who won, or what wants a recount. lol.

Mildly interesting info on wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_close_election_results
I was trying to find out if there has been a recount every election, but I dont care enough to keep looking. However, with seeing this, I think recounts should be mandatory. It's interesting how some of these results changed after a recount, and very close election results.
Edit: I'm not implying all these in that list are recounts. There are at least a couple that I noticed though.

LOL, these "scientist" have no PROOF, other than their candidate didn't win.
But, as with most liberal claims...it's the "seriousness of the charge" that
matters...not any PROOF.

Again, I'd like to reply to a comment... Let's make a simple example, so there's no proof someone murdered your family... lets just forget it ever happened and not pursue it anymore, call it a mass suicide. Let's not look into it, and forget who ever suspected anything in the first place. lol loving this logic guys :')

I'm just replying on the logic here. Dont care who won, or what wants a recount. lol.

Mildly interesting info on wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_close_election_results
I was trying to find out if there has been a recount every election, but I dont care enough to keep looking. However, with seeing this, I think recounts should be mandatory. It's interesting how some of these results changed after a recount, and very close election results.
Edit: I'm not implying all these in that list are recounts. There are at least a couple that I noticed though.
recount the recount

how can it get worse?

That's what I was wondering, too. Like, what is there to damaged? She'll probably be dead by the time the next election is around... (LOL) so why would she care about a reputation, or being damaged more? As some are saying in these comments... some of the logic... makes me wonder...

When Trump made the remark that he might not accept a loss, the Democrats tore him apart. Do they see the hypocrisy in their actions yet?
Never because as trillioson points out there is no evidence they are hypocritical

The pollsters are just mad because they got it wrong. I believe a lot of people didn't want to say they were voting Trump due to the backlash. However main problem is the fact that people just didn't go out and vote.

how can it get worse?

It can always get worse. If she wins the popular vote but loses the EC (which is what happened), the optics for her supporters, moderates, and the Never Trump crowd is that Trump pulled off a miracle, a one in a million shot. "Maybe it was the Russians?" they will (and do) say. This is fundamentally different from losing both the popular vote and the EC, which is a complete repudiation of Clinton and the Never Trumpers, because it means the country is not on their side and Clinton never had a chance.

To you or I, the latter is obvious. But to the politicos and the Hillbots, it means everything. Remember, these were people who were clutching and crying when the Blue Wall (ironic designation) fell:

nintchdbpict000280981506-e1478667522778.jpg

Take away the popular vote and it strips away the alleged legitimacy of their protests and creates an unsafespace spanning 50 51 56 states (in their minds).

It's also important for the pollsters. If Clinton were to lose votes due to fraud, it only makes their polls look that much worse.

For Clinton herself, this means going down as the demonstrably worst political failure in American history. Her ego and ambition will not risk that while there is a chance to mitigate damage by saying the system was rigged--the same angle Trump wisely played early.

Oh how sweet the irony if Trump was found to have benefitted from some voter fraud/hacking and told to pack his bags and go back to his godawful tower. It'll never happen but it cheers me no end to think it might.

I dont appreciate my post being deleted Techspot. Because it was a reply to a deleted post? I dont care if it was deleted, MY point was still in there in MY post. Just because the other person realized he was being silly and deleted his post...

I'd like to request it to be put back up please.

So basically, I'm faulted for someone else's fault?

Where do I find the contents of my post? Where do I make my complaint? Who was the mod who deleted it? Why cant I find this information?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but what you say is just retarded and nobody should threaten the author just because he wrote an article like this.

Why are you name-calling? I didn't insult nor threaten anyone.
You're not paying attention - if you did, you'd notice that Rob (aka midian182) posts A LOT of political posts on a tech site.

Back