Explorer dead????

By Yakob
Jun 5, 2007
  1. hi, upon booting up my pc this morning, i noticed that explorer had started but nothing was appearing... no start menu no nothing. i hit ctrl+alt+delete and look in taskmgr to find explorer HAD started. so i killed the task and restarted it, but it still didn't work, so i tried rebooting, that hasn't worked either. So to navigate my computer, i am having to use cmd...
    also, it's as if my explorer was stopping everything else from starting as well, i had to manually start my wireless internet up to get here.
    At the moment i am currently using XP Home, with the Vista Look from a trans pack, i will search his site for an update though
  2. mike_lynx

mike_lynx TS Rookie

try CTRL + ALT + DEL then choose TASKMANAGER, press and hold ALT while pressing F then N, release ALT then type "c:\windows\explorer.exe" (note "Windows" is a default folder for the OS in ur hard disk if u change it better to browse ur computer and find explorer.exe) hope this can help
  3. Yakob

Yakob TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 55

yup did that but nothin.
    did boot first time in safe mode though :S
  4. mike_lynx

mike_lynx TS Rookie

ok try this one boot ur pc in CMD mode or command prompt type CHKDSk
  5. Yakob

Yakob TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 55

i did that... it didn't work, i've had to re-install XP on my pc :(
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.