explorer.exe error, help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
explorer.exe Application error

The instruction at "066006041" refernced memory at "0x6606041''. The memory could not be read.

This error comes up most any time I start a program. I recently fought a battle with virtumonde and the problem seemed to start after quarantining the .dll files which were infected. I unquarantined them and the problem has persisted since. I've installed, uninstalled, reinstalled everything that I know to do (sound card drivers, bluetooth drivers etc...) basically everything that didnt come with the computer. I also installed new RAM and the problem is still occurring. Interestingly enough, it seems to resolve itself temporarily when installing windows updates or reinstalling software. Usually within a couple days it is back, and seems to be getting worse.

XPSP2 tablet edition = OS
2.0ghz
128mb shared video memory
2gigs RAM

I've already gone the hijackthis and memtest routes. I ran memtest for a couple hours with no problems, defragged. I'm frustrated.

Also, lately it seems like every time I try and run multiple programs one of the programs ''has encountered an error and needs to close'' I always send the error reports and get some BS message about a possible hardware driver issue that I cant seem to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back