Explorer.exe using too many resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. I wasn't sure if i should start my own thread or continue off this one. i can't post my hijackthis log due to the rules.

so...

I've got my PC set up just the way i want it. hundreds of programs. MS visual STudio 6, .NET, MSSQL 2000, MySQL, APache, IIS, PHP. 3D max, well whatever u get the picture. everything went well, until about a week ago. With no reason whatsoever services.exe suddenly started using up 50% of my precious CPU. and has never stopped since.

I've been real active lately downloading and installing different programs and updates and I'm not sure exactly which program or update did this. I was desperate and thought it was emule running some kind of services. but it wasnt.

Then i tried to stop every service listed as started in services.mcs that didn't help much, some services could not be stopped. The services that could not be stopped i disabled them and restarted my computer same thing. it's the same in safemode. I tried closing it in task manager. b4 u ask.

I already went to the link and removed any spyware and malware there was. there weren't many, like 1 i think, i forgot which one.

any suggestions? i was wondering if there is any software that displays detailed information for the services that run on the computer, so i can either pin point the service or just see that it's the services.exe messing up.

Help

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your post to it`s own thread.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back