TechSpot

Explorer operating erratically and system message popups

By flyhippy
Jul 14, 2008
  1. OK... so I followed all instructions, and attached are my logs. PLEASE HELP, this thing has taken over the internet. I can't remember where the SAS log file saves to and it was a lengthy scan. Let me know if you require it! Thanks!

Patrick

2. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

uninstall Hijackthis then get the latest version through the instructions below - attach the new log

Highjackthis Instructions
    • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
    • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
    • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
    • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

Can you also attach C:\Vundofix.txt

3. flyhippy

flyhippy TS Rookie Topic Starter

updated hijackthis log, etc

attached new log file and vundofix... also there was nothing found in the Panda rootkit scan

4. flyhippy

flyhippy TS Rookie Topic Starter

Can anyone help?

Anyone have any information on how to fix this problem?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.