Explorer User Prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.
In The Same Boat

I am having the same problem that Janis is having, and it's so frustrating. I went to a recipe message board I've been using for quite some time, and all of a sudden, Explorer User Prompt has come onto the screen. Ideally, I would like to disable User Prompt or delete it, if possible. Can anyone tell me how to do this? As of now, I can't contribute to the site, so I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. The name of the site is http://OldFashionedLiving.com.

Also, does the User Prompt come on because of Microsoft Internet Explorer, or does it come on because of the site? I've searched Microsoft's data base and can find no information about disabling or deleting this feature. Very confusing to me.

Peddant, thank you for recommending Opera. If there is no way to get rid of this User Prompt, I will certainly look into Opera.

Now What?

I just installed Opera, but the Explorer User Prompt continues to come on when I go to the website. I was hoping that Opera would override the Explorer User Prompt (Script Prompt). This is really discouraging. Does anyone have any advice for me?

It's interesting that the Old Fashioned Living site and this Techspot site use the same format, but I'm not bothered by the User Prompt here.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have just look at the website in question and have no problems, although I`m using the Firefox browser.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Then, post a fresh HJT log as an attachment, into this thread.

I have taken your posts and put them into their own thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back