Exporting text from E-Mails in Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyZip

Here's the deal:-

Over a period of time i've recieved a load of E-Mails from one source.

In each of these E-Mails is a section of text i want to extract.

Then i want to place all these text segments and put them into one text document, i don't mind whether its Wordpad, Notepad, Word or whatever text program.

Then print them off and place in a binder.

The best idea ive come across is to individually copy & paste each section of text from the e-mail into Notepad or similar. But as there is roughly over 100 e-mails it would take ages...:dead:

Anyone know of a better idea???

I wondered if i could somehow put all the e-mails into 1 text file in one go, then delete unwanted bits... But how to do???

Looks like i'm going to have to do it the hard way...:mad:

Is there any way i can copy/export E-mails to another folder???

Sorry no one had an answer for you.. That's a really specific question that I guess no one really has an answer for.

To copy the e-mails to another folder, all you have to do is select the ones you want, click and drag them to any folder open in explorer. This will copy all of the e-mails to the specified directory.

Thanks Rick.
I didn't know it was so simple - just to drag & drop em...
I never thought about that!!!:eek:

Looks like i'll have to manually copy & paste the text manually.
Oh well..

If the e-mails are in normal text format (or in html), you could just copy them all to a single file (type * > onebigfile), and use replace function in a word processor to delete the unwanted parts.

Great idea Mict'...

Yes, the e-mails are just normal text, could you elaborate on cpoying them to a big single file?? Where do i type " * > onebigfile "???

Thanks...

Open Command Prompt and go to the directory where your e-mails are, then just type *.eml > a_lot_of_emails_in_one_file. I'm not sure how smart the type command is, so it might be wise to include the e-mail extension, so that it wouldn't get stuck in a loop, trying to append the big file into the same file. Even better is to redirect the flow to another directory, like type *.* > c:\all_files_are_now_here_in_one_file.

Note: I don't know the extension Outlook Express uses - Mozilla uses .eml

Another note: type is a command

Mict'... Your a genius:grinthumb

It worked..:p Thats gonna save me a whole load of hassle..

Thanks very much...

P.S. If ever your in my area, i'll buy you a beer :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back